Monday, June 22, 2009

Entertainment at the Doctor's Office

I ran across a couple books in the pediatrician's office today that caused the kids to roll on the floor with laughter, so I had to share. I have to admit that I might have laughed once or twice, too.

The first book we saw sitting on the shelves was called Chugga Chugga Pooooo-Poooo The Potty Train. Danielle wanted me to read it to her, so the three of us read it and giggled. I tried to explain to them that when you're young enough to be wearing diapers and starting to sit on the potty, this kind of humor is amusing, fun, and encouraging. They weren't buying it.

Then we found the real gem: The Moose with the Loose Poops

Danielle wanted me to read it, but Tyler grabbed it first to flip through the pages. He was adamant that I should NOT read a book like that out loud but Danielle was just as adamant that I should. She found the pictures of Miles the Moose with a distressed look on his face, sitting on a toilet and holding wads of toilet paper to be quite intriguing. Who wouldn't? Since Danielle can't read well enough on her own yet, I didn't really have a choice. (Yep, I was curious, too.) Tyler was so embarrassed that he got up and moved to the opposite end of the waiting room even though we were the only ones in there! I read part of it to Danielle before the nurse came to get us. She just couldn't stop giggling, especially when Miles the Moose exclaimed, "Lucy, Lucy! I pooped a waterfall!"

In all honesty, I can see how this book would be handy for attempting to explain certain bodily functions to a small child when he's ill; however, we just found it very funny and a great way to pass the time until our appointment.

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

What a hoot! I wonder how long it took that author to get published?