Thursday, June 12, 2008

Picking Strawberries & Playing Baseball

The strawberries are in! The kids and I visited the farm to pick strawberries today. We had a really nice time.



Danielle was quite serious about picking the berries and did a nice job filling her bucket. Well, I thought she did a good job. When I dumped them into the sink at home to clean them, I noticed she had more pink ones than red ones. She had fun, though.



Once again Tyler was more interested in eating them rather than picking them. Also, the plants were a little wet this morning and he didn't really want to get his hands wet. He watched over my shoulder while I parted the plants, looking for berries. When he saw one he wanted, he reached over me, grabbed it, and gobbled it up.




When we were done we enjoyed our fresh strawberry slushies in the rocking chairs on the front porch of the barn. It was very nice. I paid for almost 3 1/2 lbs of strawberries, but once I cut off the stems and bad parts and tossed all the pink ones Danielle picked, we ended up with about 2 lbs. It turned out to be just the right amount. After Tyler's game tonight, Grandma & Grandpa C & Uncle Ron stopped by for fresh strawberries and "shortcake". The berries were wonderful!




I had to include these 2 pictures from the past 2 years of strawberry picking. I can't believe the difference a couple years make!








Tyler had his third T-ball game tonight. He is enjoying this season so much more than last year. Tonight he played 2nd base so he got to see a little more fielding action than the past two games. Here are some videos and pictures from his game.






No comments: