Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day Preview

Earlier this week I took the kids in to have their pictures taken for Ron for Father's Day. He has been complaining that he needs an updated picture of the kids (together) for his office, so I thought it would be a good idea. If you don't have kids, you may think this is the easy way out; however, if you DO have children, you understand exactly how much effort goes into the entire picture taking process. Fortunately Tyler & Danielle are old enough that they're relatively cooperative once we actually get to the picture taking part. I thought the pictures turned out great - they totally captured our kids: unruly hair, warts, and silly grins. They're perfect and I'm looking forward to giving them to Ron. Unbelievably the kids have not leaked one word of this gift to Ron!



The kids also made cards for Ron. They took their tasks quite seriously this year and spent a lot of time working on them. A couple weeks ago Mom R and I commented about teaching Tyler to use apostrophes. Well, as you can see, he seems to have grasped that concept now. I did not help him with his card at all! Danielle's card showcases a couple things she's been working on, too: lower case letters in her name and drawing stars. I didn't help her with any of her card either (even the spelling!). At the last minute she added a crown on Ron "because he's the king". I assume she gave herself one because she is a princess. While they were working on their cards, they started talking about why their daddy is so special. It was really neat, so I quickly grabbed my camera and taped their conversation. I was looking forward to surprising Ron with that on Father's Day, too, but the kids told him all about that at dinner Friday night. He thought it was really cute, though, and it still meant a lot to him.






We're looking forward to celebrating Father's Day tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

What great pictures! Your kids are so photogenic! Great card makers too :)