Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Almost the End

Tomorrow is Tyler's last day of school. I can't believe the school year is over. It seems like it was just yesterday I was getting all weepy about him leaving for kindergarten. Now I have an almost first grader (and I still feel a little weepy). Time just goes so fast.


Today the kindergarteners had a family picnic and field day. It was very rainy here today, but they chanced a walk to the park before the storms hit. Danielle and I met his class at the park. Ron took a long lunch so he could eat with Tyler, too. After lunch the kids broke into teams and rotated through several stations of games. Tyler's teacher specifically told Danielle she should participate, too (yet another reason I love his teacher), and Danielle had a great time. I had to work the water relay game, so Ron took the pictures. The kids rotated through about 3 games before it started to rain. Since it was supposed to rain the rest of the day, the teachers walked the kids back to the school when the rain slowed down a bit. I don't know how the teachers felt, but I think the kids enjoyed being in the rain. Despite having the day cut a little short, it was still a lot of fun.
















I also wanted to share this. (Click on the images to view them larger.) I thought Tyler's spelling was so cute. This is at least a couple months old but he brought it home today. It was hanging in the hallway when I was at his school last month, so I would say he made it in March or possibly early April sometime. When they do writing like this, they work in small groups with the teacher. Depending on the group of kids, the teacher offers varying amounts of help. I know with Tyler's group (Tyler & 2 girls), she let's them sound out the words for themselves and spell the words accordingly without offering much assistance.

No comments: