Sunday, July 01, 2007

Another Finished Project

Well, it only took me 3 weeks, but I finally stained the entire playset. Here are the before and after pictures. I used every bit of stain, even scraped the can, and thought I managed to cover it all. I was proud of myself for having just enough. Today while we were outside I managed to find one board where I forgot to stain the side. Of course, every time I look at the playset that's the one spot I'll always focus on! Oh well.

I forgot to mention this conversation I had with Danielle earlier this week. After VBS one day she was talking about God and Jesus. She was trying to figure out how they fit together. When Tyler was trying to figure out the relationship between God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit earlier this year, Ron used an egg analogy. I thought I'd give it a try. I didn't really mention the Holy Spirit (because she didn't ask) but talked about Jesus being a part of God, like a yolk is part of an egg, etc. Danielle is smart, but she's also blonde. Sometimes things take a little longer to sink in. When I was done, Danielle said, "You mean Jesus ate a part of God?"

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Looks great!