Thursday, June 14, 2007

Sssshouldn't Have!

Now that it's summer and both kids are home all day, I've started shopping regularly at Giant Eagle again so the kids can play in their play area. Although I was skeptical before using the play area for the first time, I have been very pleased with the kids' care and they always seem to have a great time. I was a little disappointed today, though.

When I signed the kids in today, I was asked to sign a release allowing the kids to make a craft using cupcakes, chocolate icing, sprinkles, etc. (I'm assuming the release is to protect them from anyone who may have food allergies.) I didn't have a problem with that. What I did have a problem with was this:






The kids were excited and the caregiver was pretty proud of herself, so I didn't say anything. Danielle's wasn't so bad because the paint was light and on her cheek. But Tyler's was across his whole face, as you can see, and in such a dark color. In addition to probably leaving a faint black mark when I washed it off, I could just see him getting the black paint all over his shirt, my shirt, our furniture, and our carpet. In addition to that, what if my kids were allergic to the paint? A release for cupcakes, but no release to draw on my kids' faces with face paints? And on top of all that, I had just given the kids a bath this morning and wasn't planning to do it again until Saturday. I'm probably being a little sensitive over something that's not really that big a deal, but they really sssshouldn't have! (The cupcake craft was cute, though.)

No comments: