Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Our Thanksgiving

For some reason, I was really looking forward to Thanksgiving this year! We only had 2 days of school last week and had 5 days off. I'm sure that was part of the anticipation. It was so nice to have a little break. Thankfully the long holiday weekend was just as relaxing and enjoyable as I had hoped!

One of the weekend's highlights was having family over on Thanksgiving day. Ron smoked a turkey, my mom made a meatloaf, and we filled in the side dishes with a little something for everyone. And of course there was plenty of dessert. Oh, I almost forgot one of my favorites - my breakfast! I have been hungry for a gooey cinnamon roll for weeks. We enjoyed Cinnabon rolls for breakfast and they were every bit as wonderful as I remembered them being!!


 
 
This sign was by the register at the place I got our pies.

Jack was in the hospital right after Tyler's birthday and then we were busy, so we also celebrated Tyler's birthday on Thanksgiving. He wanted a strawberry cake with strawberry icing again, so that's what he got. Danielle bought me some decorator tips for Christmas last year. I haven't used them because we've been avoiding the sweets but we decided to try them out on Tyler's cake. Danielle had fun attempting to use them. The flowers turned out more like Smurf cowpies, but you can't be unhappy about more icing on a cake!




This is how we spent the afternoon - watching tv, eating dessert, talking, putting together legos, eating more dessert. It was just about perfect.

We have so much to be thankful for - high on that list for me is Jack's recovery after being so sick. It was so nice to spend the day enjoying each other's company...and eating desserts (did I mention that part?).
Ron and I got to spend a lot of time together over the long weekend, and we had some good family time, too. It was a very nice Thanksgiving break.

No comments: