Monday, November 12, 2018

Celebrating Our Kids

Our kids are pretty awesome. It's nice when other people realize it, too. :)

Danielle was recognized at school last week for her leadership and Ideal Characteristics. I really appreciated the note the teacher who nominated her sent home. It talked about Danielle helping a struggling classmate, but I know there's more to it than that. Not only does the classmate struggle with the material, but she struggles socially, too. Danielle's talked about it at home.  We want to stop the violence and make the world a better place? This is how it's done. By being kind to people because "you never know what they may be going through" (quote from my daughter), and by loving people simply because it's what God calls us to do. This is how Danielle is going to change the world - one struggling student at a time. I love her heart.



Tyler was nominated and selected to play in Capital University's Honor Band this coming weekend. It's kind of a big deal. Only 2 people from his school were selected. He will miss classes on Friday and has to prepare an audition piece. There will be a concert Saturday afternoon. I'm excited for him! He also has concert band auditions this week. Today the squad leaders and seniors left school to play for a veteran's day assembly. Danielle snapped a picture for me before he left home this morning. He looked so handsome. 


 
I absolutely love listening to him practice. He has a real talent for playing, and I'm so glad that it's being recognized and encouraged.

No comments: