Friday, August 11, 2017

Our Vacation

Here are some of Danielle's pictures from vacation.

The kids had fun exploring the trail around our house.

The mushrooms were interesting shapes and colors.

We had lots of these guys in our "yard". There were also a lot of woodland jumping mice. They are golden and were cute to watch. They also stayed out of the house, so that was a plus.


This is my favorite.


We thought the moose looked angry but the deer looked rather carefree. We didn't see any moose or deer. I saw a bear. Everyone else was ahead of me on the trail and didn't see it. They joke that I "think" I saw a bear, but I really did. He was watching us and when he realized I saw him, he moved away. We also saw 2 foxes. Ron and I saw a mink swimming in the lake one morning. I saw a skunk when I took Clara out to go potty when we were at the hotel on our way there. Thankfully I saw it long before Clara saw it or it saw us, and I was able to avoid an "encounter". We were disappointed we didn't see more.

This was on the logging museum trail. It was a little rainy that day, which kept people away. We enjoyed it, though. We pulled out our umbrellas and made the most of it.

This was on the Spruce Bog Trail. It was our favorite trail. It was the trail we were on when I saw the bear. We also saw some spruce grouses. I'll post pictures of those later. We felt like the rain made it a little more fun.

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Your (and Danielle's) pictures are gorgeous as usual! I especially love the lake mirroring the sky,