Thursday, July 07, 2016

Memories

As you can tell from the sporadic posts, it's gotten more difficult to find the time or the content to blog regularly. We are busy, but in a routine sort of way. I don't have a lot of cute stories and I don't always have pictures to post. I was thinking about the value of continuing my blog and then I spent a couple evenings reading some of my posts from 2006 & 2007 - 9 & 10 years ago. Oh, the stories I thought I'd never forget...but in ten years time I kind of did. The memories faded. Until I read them. And looked at the pictures. And I remembered how crazy those days were, how difficult yet amazing Tyler & Danielle were, and how constant Ron was. And now, 10 years later, although so much has changed, all those things are somehow still the same. Our days are crazy, but in different ways. Tyler and Danielle are still difficult in different ways and even more amazing than they were at 2 & 4. And Ron is still our constant, our rock and voice of reason. So I've decided I'm going to try a little harder to keep this up. In another 9 or 10 years, both kids will be out of the house and busy with their adult lives. When the house is quiet and I have all the time I want to get on my computer, I may need to look back and be reminded of the memories made with my 12 & 14 year olds that somehow faded over the years.




 
 

No comments: