Saturday, May 07, 2016

We're Still Here!

We're still here, despite the lack of posts. I have been going to bed shortly after we put the kids to bed and just haven't had time to do much more than check my email and occasionally Facebook. We only have 3 weeks of school left, so hopefully I will be able to stay up past 9:30 after awhile! I remember not understanding why my mom was always so tired when I was younger. She worked more hours than I do now and was a single parent for awhile. Looking back, I don't know how she managed to do all that she did. Plus, I'm sure my brother took a lot of energy to parent. :)

Volleyball is winding down. Danielle's team has done very well this year. They placed second in a big tournament a couple weeks ago. Some clubs like to give out tshirts instead of medals, so this is Danielle's team sporting their 2nd place shirts after the tournament. I think it's a bit of a rip off when you consider how much all the teams pay to enter the tournament, but we've gotten used to it. Tshirts don't hang on a trophy shelf very well, though. Danielle's team placed 3rd twice, 2nd twice, and 1st once, all in the gold bracket, this season. (They placed 5th in the tournament that Danielle missed. ) That's a very good record. We enjoyed having Grandma & Grandpa R watch a couple matches last week, and Uncle Ron has been a good cheerleader this season, too. They have their state finals next Saturday and then the season will be over...just in time for softball to start!

Tyler has been busy raising money for a big band trip he will go on with the marching band next school year. He's also been practicing for his upcoming band performance. He has three solos. I don't think any of them are as big as the one he had last year, but he's excited about it. They are playing the Best of Journey, and Ron and I have been enjoying listening to him practice that one! Occasionally we belt out the lyrics and the kids can't decide if it's funny or sad. It's probably both. Tyler is also counting down the days until the 8th graders go to Washington DC at the end of the month. I can't believe he's almost done with jr high.

And I also can't believe Danielle is almost a jr higher! She is getting ready for 6th grade camp in a couple weeks. She finished up her science fair project this week. She has to present it next week, but the bulk of the work is out of the way. I thought her topic was boring but it got the job done. She's looking forward to softball season beginning.


The kids went to the elementary school carnival last weekend. I love it when they chose to spend time together. It doesn't seem like it happens very often. He finds her annoying and she does things to purposefully aggravate him. But, they had about 2 hours last weekend where they were friends and I have pictures to prove it. Danielle took the selfie at the carnival. It's one of my favorites.



1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

"He finds her annoying and she does things to purposefully aggravate him."

all empathy here, but maybe a few pronoun changes!