Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Valentine's Day

My attempts at taking a Valentine picture with 2 of my sweethearts. They amuse themselves.




Flowers from my Valentine.


We were wandering the aisles at Walgreens several weeks ago when Danielle fell in love with this giant pink unicorn. Tyler thought the giant candy heart was pretty awesome. So, I went back later and bought both for Valentine's day. There's no way Tyler will ever eat all the candy, but the gifts were a hit.


Each day of February leading up to Valentine's day I wrote down on paper hearts something positive about each kid and taped them to their bedroom doors while they were sleeping. Neither of them said much about it, but I know they read them and might have even looked forward to the next one appearing. Neither kid has taken them down yet, either. Being a teen/tween is hard. I hope they grasp how amazing they really are, despite what the rest of the world tells them.

No comments: