Friday, January 01, 2016

Catching Up

Here's what we've been up to over the past couple weeks.

Here are the pictures that went out in the Christmas cards this year.




This one didn't make the cut, but I like to compare it with last year's picture. They are growing up so quickly. When we were out the other day, I saw a tall, handsome guy out of the corner of my eye. I turned around and realized it was my son. Seriously. Danielle is losing her little girl look, too.




A couple pictures from the day Ron's parents visited before leaving for Florida. We celebrated Christmas and enjoyed some time visiting together. The kids enjoyed Dad's selfie stick.





We started off Christmas break by celebrating my brother's birthday. They were both being difficult.



Danielle had a couple basketball games and a couple softball practices over break.



Ron and I celebrated our 23rd anniversary. We left the kids at home and went out for dinner together.

We enjoyed seeing the lights at the zoo. This has been the warmest December on record, and the day we went we were able to wear light jackets. It was very nice.
 


 
 
 
 
Danielle and I made Christmas cookies. She admitted she was only helping so she could eat the cookie dough. She is truly my daughter.
 
 
 
We used Ron's laser to make some Christmas ornaments for gifts this year. Here are a few that we did.
 

Tyler designed this one for his science teacher. The layout was totally his idea. I love how it turned out.

Danielle gave ornaments to her basketball and softball teammates.
 
 
We went to the movies 3 times. I have to admit that 2 of those were to see the new Star Wars movie. It was very good, obviously.
 
 
 
We celebrated Christmas with family. I didn't get a picture at my dad's.
 
Tyler deliberately closed his eyes in every picture.
We enjoyed a quiet (lazy) Christmas day.
 

Tyler's gift from Danielle.



For some reason Danielle is really into pigs this year.
We kept the jar on the island again this year and put notes in it with accomplishments, happy memories, or things we're thankful for. We enjoyed reading all those last night. We also kept most of our fortunes every time we had Chinese this year.
 
 
These were my favorites.
I got 3 new books for Christmas and have read them all. We've stayed up past midnight almost every night watching movies or just hanging out and slept in way later than we should have. It's been very nice and relaxing, and I've really enjoyed just being together.
 
Happy 2016!



No comments: