Monday, October 19, 2015

A Winner!

We stopped by the park on Saturday afternoon to look at all the photo entries in the contest and to see how our photos did. We were disappointed to see that Danielle's didn't win. It seems like the winning kid's entry is always a black and white picture that would have looked better in color. This was the last year Danielle could enter since she will be 13 next year. I thought her flowers were especially good. You can't really tell in my photo, but she captured a lot of detail. We all voted for hers to win the fan's favorite vote. :)

We were happy to see that both of my entries placed this year! I got 3rd place in the "Close-up" category with the macro picture of the monarch wings. My picture of the cow with the water dribbling off his whiskery chin  placed 1st in the "MetroParks Places & Things" category. I don't think there are any prizes other than ribbons and maybe having the pictures published in their publication, but it is always nice to get that little nod of approval from your peers. And my husband gave me a fist bump. :)




1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Congrats! I think they are all awesome!