Saturday, November 08, 2014

God's Timing

I was blessed to be able to watch God's hand at work in our lives yesterday.

The details probably wouldn't really mean anything to anyone other than the 4 of us, but it was neat to watch the day's events unfold in a way that was obviously directed by God.

In a nutshell:
One of my coworkers was gone and I had a substitute work with us.
Ron made it home from his business trip safely & on time.
I had car trouble.
Because I had car trouble, we were at school late.
Because we were at school late, we saw that the substitute that worked with me earlier in the day needed help carrying things in for an after school young life activity.
Tyler helped her carry things in.
Tyler decided he wanted to stay for the activity.
I had the exact amount of cash on hand that Tyler needed to attend the activity because someone had given me money earlier in the day. (I NEVER have cash.)
Because Ron made it home on time, he was able to help me out with my van.
The van's problem was resolved and didn't cost us anything more than a couple hours of our time.
Tyler had an amazing time hanging out with friends and can't wait until the next activity.

Turns out there wasn't anything wrong with the battery. It didn't need charged after all.

Everything seemed to revolve around Tyler finding out about and attending this activity. Once they left for the off-site part of the activity, the van's "problem" was suddenly resolved. Even Tyler agreed this was somehow all part of God's plan for our family yesterday. I'm thankful for God's work in our lives...and that we didn't have to spend any money on the van!

No comments: