Thursday, February 20, 2014

My Date

Ron and Danielle went to watch a college women's basketball game tonight, so I had a date with my son.

We had a very nice evening out. Tyler struggles to fit into the "student" mold, so I feel like he gets beat down so much of the time. Evenings out like this remind me of just how amazing he is...so much more than the kid who exasperates his teachers by refusing to do busywork in class (straight As, mind you). Hopefully evenings out like this remind him that life is so much more than those 7 hours a day he spends trying to fit into the mold. He talked my ear off in the van about a server he's working on. I honestly didn't understand most of what he was talking about, but that's ok. All of that was self-taught, and probably more applicable to his future than showing 4 different ways to divide fractions. (Is it really important to know more than 1 way?!) I love how his eyes dance when he's talking about something that excites him. There is no denying that he is a challenge, but I am so thankful God chose to give him to us. He is such an amazing creation.


No, he did not eat all that!
We enjoyed our dinner together, despite being seated across from these guys. Seriously. What are the odds? It was a nice bonus.

No comments: