Friday, December 06, 2013

Snow Day Fun

We were lucky enough to have a snow day today. We only ended up with about 3" of snow and it didn't really start until school would have been getting out anyway, but I'm not complaining. A paid day off work to stay home and hang out with the kids? I'll take it.

Tyler was happy to be able to spend the day playing online with his friend. Danielle and I picked out a handful of Christmas crafts to make and got busy.

We made glitter glue snowflakes to hang on the windows around the front door.

We made a clothespin wreath to hang on Danielle's bedroom door.
We picked up some green spray paint at the dollar store in town, but it was, as Ron put it, "the worst spray paint ever". So we ended up painting the clothespins by hand.

We need to add a red ribbon for a finishing touch, but we'll have to pick that up later.

We made an ornament wreath for the front door. This one was my favorite, but it was tedious to make. These are cell phone pics and really don't do it justice;The wreath is very pretty. I'm not sure it is weatherproof so we might end up hanging it inside somewhere, though.





And today I received my canvas print that I ordered. I am so pleased with how well it turned out! I can't wait to get it hung up!

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

Hang it straight. :-)