Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Highlights

I asked everyone to give me a couple of their highlights for 2013. Without hesitation, we all agreed on this one:

Our vacation to Maine, by way of Cleveland, Niagra Falls, & Gorham NH






Here are the other highlights topping Tyler's list this year:

Learning to scuba dive

Going diving with Grandma & Grandpa

 

His birthday, or, more specifically, getting an Ipod for his birthday.

Here are Danielle's additional highlights for the year:
Making the travel softball team

Her 10th birthday

Making the travel basketball team


Christmas, or, more specifically, getting an Ipod for Christmas.

Ron's list was a little shorter. In addition to Maine, here is the only highlight he could remember:
Selling 28 pens in one order.
And they did finally arrive at their destination, almost a week after their guaranteed delivery date.

Some of my highlights are the same: watching Tyler learn to scuba dive, surprising Danielle with a trip to AG for her birthday, and Ron's success with his pens. I would also add
Watching Tyler improve on the trumpet

Watching Danielle play sports, any sport, whether she wins or loses. I just love to watch her.

But I think a mom's most memorable highlights are probably a little different than everyone else's. My all time favorite highlights from 2013 are moments like these:






(The occasional kid-free dinner with just my husband.)
 





As 2013 comes to an end, I want to thank God for the blessings of a healthy, whole family and that we always have more than enough - of shelter, of food, of clothes, of jobs, of money, of things. But mostly of love. Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

You always express your love for your family so beautifully :) Love this post!

Lori said...

Aw, thanks Leah! :)

Wandering Writer said...

I agree with Leah. Love it!