Sunday, November 17, 2013

Still Here!

Yep, we're still here! Life just keeps marching along.

Danielle has been busy balancing softball practices, basketball practices, school, and her social life. Considering she had 3 100% and 2 99% on her grade card, I think she's doing just fine. She had her first basketball scrimmage Friday night. They stopped keeping score after we were ahead more than 20 points. Danielle is not the best player on the team, but she is a hard worker and a quick learner. She has already shown improvement this season. It was fun to watch her at the scrimmage, especially when she switched hands and dribbled right past the girl that was guarding her to shoot and score.


Tyler has been busy pretending school doesn't exist and spending as much time as he can playing Minecraft with his friend. Occasionally he fits in a trumpet practice or two. He still manages to read a ridiculous amount of books in a week, and he also brought home all As, so I'm not messing with his plan. We really like his friend and his friend's family. One night last week his mom showed up on our doorstep with a bag of chocolates and a bag of wine. I don't drink wine, but she had me with the chocolates. :) This friendship has been an answer to prayer and we are enjoying it for this season.

Ron spent last week in the UK. Before that he hadn't traveled in months, so we were all a little out of practice. He had a successful trip and made it back safely, so there's another answered prayer. He managed to get back just as Danielle's scrimmage started, which made for a very happy blond basketball player.
Watching Dad leave

I have been busy filling in for the head cook at work. Short of planning the menu, I do just about everything else. It's really rather ironic because I hate grocery shopping and I'm really not that crazy about cooking. I miss seeing Danielle in the mornings and often have second thoughts about whether or not I'm doing the right thing by working full time, but Ron and Danielle keep assuring me that it's bothering me more than it's bothering Danielle. Somehow that doesn't make me feel better.

Tyler, Danielle, and I were all sick last week while Ron was gone. The three of us stayed home from school on Friday. We napped and watched movies, and it was kind of cozy in a sneezy, achy sort of way. We're looking forward to Thanksgiving and having several non-sick days off together.

And that's what's been going on here.

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

So proud of all of you!