Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Crafts

Last night for dinner we had fresh pineapple. The smell always reminds me of our vacation to Hawaii...and the long standing grudge Danielle is holding against Ron for eating the last of the fresh pineapple while she was playing in the sand. Last night we enjoyed our pineapple in the shape of pumpkins and ghosts. Why? Because I had a bad day and pineapple shapes are fun.

I decided I wanted to etch a pumpkin, so I got one to decorate for work. I like the way it turned out. I swore I wouldn't make another after spending the entire evening working on it last night, but I'm thinking I might like to try another. I found a template on line, printed it out, taped it to my pumpkin, and then cut the outline into the pumpkin. After the outline was there, I removed the template and shaved and scraped the pumpkin skin to make the design. After it was done, I wiped it off with bleach to try to better preserve it. I didn't have any Vaseline or I would have put a little of that on the design, too. Hopefully it will last until next Thursday.



Tyler decided he wasn't going to go trick-or-treating this year because he didn't want to dress up. We had a difficult time finding a decent costume last year, so I wasn't surprised. When we were at the costume store on Sunday looking for a cowgirl hat for Danielle, he saw a Minecraft sword he wanted. He didn't get it, but that prompted him to consider dressing up as a Minecraft character for Halloween. The call of free candy is so strong. He decided to be Steve. All he really needed was the head. Uncle Ron bought him a flashlight shaped like a Minecraft torch for his birthday that he is going to carry. He already has a blue shirt. So, we made the head last night and tonight. His costume cost about $5. I think it looks really cool, and he is pleased with it. We still need that cowgirl hat for Danielle, though.

No comments: