Wednesday, April 17, 2013

This & That

Sometimes Tyler likes to use a stress ball or some other type of fidget when he's at school or working on homework. At Christmas time I discovered a store that had a lot of neat stuff and I found this
magnetic mind putty. I thought Tyler might like to squeeze and squish that, so I bought him some for his stocking. Well, the texture is odd and it's kind of stiff, so it turned out to not be a good gift for him. I also bought him a pair of magnets since the putty was supposed to be magnetic. He does enjoy clicking those together and making annoying noises with those, but that was not exactly what I had intended! Anyway, this putty somehow made its way to Ron's desk, and Ron somehow found a video online that showcased a similiar material "eating" a magnetic ball. Ron decided to experiment with the putty and magnets to see if the magnets would be enveloped by the putty. (Yes, this is what happens when your husband works from home and is all alone most of the day! I'm pretty sure he has ADD!) Here are some pictures I snapped with my cellphone. It is actually kind of cool.
This is where the magnet started in relation to the putty.
(Ron had already placed the magnet to the right.)

This is 1 hour later.

This is 7 hours later. It's almost enveloped.
You can only see a sliver of the magnet on the right.

Our cherry tree is in full bloom and looks so pretty. Ron mowed for the first time tonight, and the pear trees are in bloom, too. I'm so happy spring is here. I think we only have 30 days of school left.

Remember the window nesting box Danielle gave me for Christmas? We have seen a couple house sparrows visit it and there is a little bit of nesting material in it. I am torn because I really dislike house sparrows. They are not native and are aggressive to the other birds, but Danielle is so excited that something might be using it. When Ron made nesting boxes for me last year, we made the holes too small to discourage them from nesting in our yard, but this hole is big enough. I will probably just leave it alone this year but be a bit more selective of our tenants next year.

No comments: