Monday, April 01, 2013

April Fool's Day

I did the jello juice again. Always a crowd pleaser.
After being called boring last year, I tried a little harder this April Fool's day. I looked at several ideas, but decided to just do a dessert. I settled on a kitty litter cake. I wasn't really thinking I'd fool the kids with it, just amuse them.

After dinner and when the kids weren't looking, I put the cake on the floor in the front room. (I covered the cake pan in green duct tape so it would look more like a litter pan at first glance than my cake pan.) Ron went into the room and asked loudly about the disgusting cat box in the front room. I made up a story about our neighbor needing to take a sample to the vet but she was afraid the dog would eat it first. I have no clue why the kids believed that, but they did. They were both grossed out that we would have to babysit a litter box. When Ron popped a turd in his mouth, both kids' jaws dropped and Tyler had to leave the room. It was hilarious - so much better than I had anticipated!!

I followed a recipe I found online that combined cake pieces and pudding, and none of us really liked it. I guess that was an April fool's joke on me! If I ever make it again, I will just make a regular cake, frost it, and then decorate the top with crushed up cookies and tootsie roll turds. It was well worth the effort today, though.


2 comments:

Wandering Writer said...

You guys are too much fun.

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

yucky! :) Good job Lori!