Tuesday, March 20, 2012

This & That

Our trees are all blossoming already! We are a good 3 weeks ahead of schedule. These are from our cherry tree.



I saw on the hummingbird migration map that hummingbirds have made it to our state already. They are also about 3 weeks early, although I rarely see them before the end of April (4/27 last year). I put my feeder out in good faith this morning. I'll be sure to post when I see my first hummer of the year.


In other news:


Tyler & Danielle will be making balloon animals at the school carnival in May. They are SUPER excited. We need to PRACTICE! I think the carnival is 4 hours long but the kids are only going to do it for an hour or two so they can enjoy the carnival, too. I hope they can pull it off.


We got our papers to sign from America's Funniest Home Videos yesterday. I think everyone who submits a video has to complete them, so it doesn't necessarily mean the kids' video will be aired. It is a step in the right direction, though, and the kids are pretty excited. We completed them and mailed them back today.


I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and was dismayed to hear my height is 1/2" shorter than it was the last time (last year maybe?). Since I do not want to believe I'm old enough to start shrinking, I choose to believe that my spine and joints were compressed more because it was later in the day and I had been standing all morning. If you don't agree, don't tell me. My doctor said it was a possiblity, and WikiAnswers agrees, so that's good enough for me.


We only have 46 days of school left. Well, 41 if you consider we will be missing a week for vacation next month. While I am ready for summer break, I am sad about the thoughts of having a 5th grader and a 3rd grader. Tyler will move to the middle school next year, which starts soooo early. I don't know how we'll possibly manage to make it to school on time. The kids are just growing up so quickly. I think I'm having growing pains.

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

Tease your hair a little more before your next doc visit and you'll get that 1/2 inch back ;-)