Thursday, May 19, 2011

Baby Robins

At least one of our backyard robins' eggs have hatched. I'm pretty sure it hatched today. I'm not sure if all three of them have hatched yet because I can't get a good view. The mom & dad won't leave the nest unattended at all, even when I got close to the tree, and I don't want to scare them away. Here's the only picture I was able to take today. Of course, the NEVERENDING rain doesn't help.

















A couple days ago this young robin was hopping around our yard. It sat on the fence and cried for food until its momma brought it a snack.

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

I remember the year they built a nest in the half-basket that decorated our front door. When we opened the door (which hardly was used) to greet Cheryl's prom date, baby birds dropped out and started hopping around the foyer. I put them back and we used the side door until they left the nest. I never decorated the door again.