Saturday, September 04, 2010

Washington DC, Day 2...Part 1

Here are a couple pictures leftover from yesterday. Again, they aren't as in focus as they could/should be because I forgot my tripod at home. :(






























Tyler took this picture at lunch today. I thought it was funny.


















Today we visited Ford's Theatre and Petersen House. As everyone knows, Ford's Theatre is where John Wilkes Booth shot President Lincoln. We successfully bored the children to death in the museum and then walked through the theatre and looked at the presidential box where he, his wife, and 2 guests sat. Once again, Tyler found all this much more interesting than Danielle did. Tyler has surprised us several times on this trip by how much he knows, especially considering they really haven't covered much in school yet. I have to admit that I found this all much more interesting than I remembered it being the first time I visited (in the 8th grade!). I'm sure the kids will feel the same way some day.




















Can you imagine our present day presidents "Keeping Shop"??




















After we toured the theatre, we walked across the street and did a quick walk through of the Petersen House. This is the house where Lincoln was taken to receive medical assistance after he was shot. He was shot at 10:15 pm on April 14, 1865 and died shortly after 7am the following morning.



Will post about the rest of the day tomorrow. I'm nodding off again...

No comments: