Monday, September 21, 2009

Happy 8th Birthday!

Today is Tyler's 8th birthday. 8 seems so old. I can't really think about it too much or I get a little sad. You know, in the grand scheme of things, we have our children for such a short time. These days that we tend to rush through are so very special...and limited. Sigh...

I think Tyler had a good day. I took a special snack in for him to share with his class this morning, and tonight at Cub Scouts everyone sang to him. He asked for an ipod for his birthday this year. I don't know why he was convinced he wanted one, but he was - so he could listen to his "rock" music. The funny thing is that we don't let Tyler listen to anything except the Christian radio station, and usually it's the one I prefer, which is rather mild. But, we got him a ipod shuffle and he was thrilled. I feel like I short-changed him a bit on his cake this year, but we were so busy this weekend and this morning that I just didn't have time to do much. Thankfully he didn't seem to mind.






























His birthday celebration is being strung out a little this year. We were going to take him to drive the go-karts yesterday, but it rained and the karts weren't out. We're going to try again this weekend. Last week Mamaw took him shopping at the Lego store, which was quite a treat. He also got a cool rocket from Grandma & Grandpa R, which he's hoping to set off this coming weekend. And in between my cousin's wedding and reception he got to open presents from my brother and Grandma & Grandpa C.
















Here are a few of my favorite pictures from this weekend, and one of Danielle before school on Friday. It was picture day, so I wanted a picture. :) Danielle drew the picture, above, for Tyler while he was at school today. I thought it was cute.















No comments: