Friday, June 09, 2006

Strawberries & Nuts

In an attempt to fill an hour today, I decided on a whim to take the kids to a local strawberry farm to pick strawberries. My preferred method of picking strawberries, as I've made known, is picking them up off the cart. But I heard that the fresh strawberries are exceptionally good this year, so I thought we'd try it out. To my surprise, we had a nice time. There weren't any bees and the sun wasn't scorching. We weren't out there so long that the kids lost interest. My only minor complaint was the mud, but even that wasn't too bad. So, we picked a few strawberries, ate a few strawberries, and then sat in rockers on the front porch of the market and enjoyed freshly made slushies. We had a nice time. And, the strawberries really are exceptional. The kids don't usually eat strawberries, but Danielle's mouth and chin were all red from eating so many, and Tyler kept sneaking back into the kitchen to steal more while I was cleaning them. So, I guess I should say sorry for whining to Grandma Robbins & Aunt Aya. Hopefully the berries will still be good when we get around to going later this month. (And the sun won't be scorching and the bees won't be out and...)



Tyler provided me with a couple moments of amusement today:

Ron has to go to Russia for business later this month. When he first told the kids about his trip, he mentioned to them that at this time of year there is daylight almost all day long. Tyler was fascinated by that. We were talking about his trip again this afternoon when Tyler asked if the people in Russia ever get to eat breakfast since they never really have night time.


Tonight while putting Tyler to bed, he gave me a hug and said, "When I'm older, I'm going to marry you, Mom, because I love you so much." I hugged him back and said, "I love you, too, but I'm already married." He simply replied, "Nuts!" and rolled over and went to sleep.

No comments: