Sunday, February 04, 2018

This & That

Ron's birthday was Tuesday. We went to the Japanese Steakhouse again this year for dinner and then had cake at home. It was a nice evening.


I drove through one of the metroparks after dropping Danielle off at her speed & agility class the other evening and all these deer were grazing by the parking lot. Sadly, I only had my phone to snap a couple pictures. There were 2 others that I didn't get in the picture.

The weather has still been all over the place. It was bitterly cold a couple days ago but warmed up a bit. Tonight it's really windy and is either snowing or sleeting out. I don't feel like looking. Tyler wanted to ride his bike the other day, but the sunny sky misrepresented how cold it really was.
 
 
Saturday was my new hip's birthday. I celebrated with a walk. I couldn't have done that (painlessly) a year ago. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think how glad I am that I had that done.


Danielle enjoyed playing softball with the other team last weekend. They offered her a spot on their team, which was nice. They are better than her current team. We made a commitment to the team she's currently on, though, and will see that out through the end of the summer. This team understood that and knew that would be our answer. Danielle has an open invitation to play with them any time she's available this summer. It's nice to know she will have options at the end of the summer.  She's playing in an out of state tournament with them this coming weekend. Some of the games are scheduled to start at 2am! It should be interesting. School softball tryouts are this coming Friday. We're excited to get the season started! She has a track meeting tomorrow, too. Looks like our slower days may be coming to an end. We had a meeting on Thursday to talk about scheduling high school classes. I can't believe she's going to be in high school. Or that Tyler's going to be a junior. I'm not ready for them to be that grown up.

No comments: