Thursday, May 04, 2017

This & That

Danielle did well at her track meet last Thursday. It was extremely windy, so she didn't improve on her time, but she still finished well! She placed in each event that she ran. Last Thursday's was an invitational, which means only certain people were asked to compete. She was thankful she had the chance to run. The district championship meet is this Saturday. She was asked to continue reporting to practice this week, so I think she'll be competing in that. They will send out the lineup tomorrow, and we'll know for sure.

I have 37 monarch caterpillars that are slowly eating their way through my milkweed. I wish I could keep them all. Wouldn't that be fun to watch - 37 butterflies all taking off into the sky at the same time! There are 13 caterpillars and one egg in this first picture (and some caterpillar poop). Some of them are starting to get their coloring now.

 
 

Tyler drove me home after I dropped Danielle off at volleyball practice tonight. I didn't think I'd be the one to teach him how to drive, but so far he thinks I'm more patient than Ron, which is kind of amusing. There have been a couple moments of anxiety for me, but I've only closed my eyes once. ;) He will start his classes the week after school is out. (I don't know what's going on with his fingers in this picture. He might have been turning the wipers on because it started to sprinkle?)

We played our final school ball game last night. I'll post about that later. The team finished 20-0! It was a lot of fun and we are all sad it's over. Track will be over after this weekend, and volleyball will be over after next weekend. It's as though our whirlwind schedule has suddenly shifted into a light breeze. Danielle won't know what to do with herself when it's all over and she's waiting for travel ball to start.

No comments: