Sunday, March 26, 2017

Spring Break Fun

On Friday we went to a ceramics studio and tried throwing our own pottery on a wheel. Ron used to do this in high school and loved it. He took a class before Tyler was born but hasn't done anything since. This was the first time for the rest of us.

The owner and her assistant gave us a demonstration and then helped us as needed. Turns out I needed a lot of help because I was terrible at it! I had one thing almost all done but the assistant told me it needed cleaned up a little. He attempted to clean it up and ended up destroying what I had done. That was a bit frustrating since it took me so long in the first place. Danielle had a similar problem with one of her items. She got the hang of it quicker than I did, though, and made several items. Tyler also did better than I did. Apparently it was just like riding a bike for Ron.











He made the top wavy like that on purpose. I like it.


All the items on the table are ours. The pink and green bowl is mine. The yellow vase is Danielle's. The other items are Tyler's and Ron's. We could only fire 2 items a piece, though, so we didn't keep everything.



We can't pick up our items for about 3 weeks. Hopefully I won't forget! We had a nice evening working on them. We also went out to dinner downtown before hand and went for a walk along the river when we were done. It was a fun evening.


No comments: