Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Parade Time

Tyler's band marched in the Italian Festival this past Sunday. The parade includes a band competition but since they won last year, they couldn't compete again this year. They did get to play, though, and they sounded great! It was the first time they've been in a parade since Tyler's been in band. I am still so amazed every time I watch him. I know he was hot and tired from marching all that way, but he never let up. That trumpet was held high, the feet never stopped, and he played his best. I just love watching him. It's a perk that the band sounds so good, too!

Ron and I went to the festival early to get some lunch before the parade. Danielle had a softball scrimmage so she didn't go to the parade with us. We got there before the food stands were officially open, so we sat on the steps to a church and enjoyed the sites. This sign was at the top of the stairs. We noticed later that it still didn't deter people from sitting there to enjoy their meals.

I liked the fresh bread display. I posted one picture the other night. Here is another.



Ron's lunch. I had baked lasagna. We listened to an adult band play a variety of Italian based songs while we ate. It was actually very enjoyable.

Here are some pictures from the parade.

Thankfully there were folks with shovels following the horses!

He's the first person in the 2nd row (from the front).

They have fun cadences. They are so fun to watch.


He's the first person in the middle row.



This is one of my favorite band pictures of Tyler. The sun flare on the bell of his trumpet makes it look even neater. Photo creds for this one go to Ron!




No comments: