Thursday, March 24, 2016

Burrowing Owls

On our way from Disney to Key Largo we stopped by a park that is known to have burrowing owls. Other than the amount of time I took to take pictures, it was probably only 15-20 minutes out of our way. I've been wanting to see them and this seemed like a good opportunity. Thankfully everyone was very patient and the birds cooperated.

The birds are located at a popular and busy park. Their burrows are taped off, but are quite accessible. Here is a cell phone picture I took of one of the burrows from the van in the parking lot.


Here are some of my pictures. The owls kept an eye on me but weren't really bothered by my presence. In fact, the one owl kept cocking it's head and watching me. It was very cute. Burrowing owls usually have yellow eyes; Brown eyes are recessive and relatively rare. I got to see both types.













This was a fun diversion on our road trip, and I'm glad I had the opportunity to see these cute little owls.

No comments: