Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Party & Carving Pumpkins

Today was Danielle's Halloween party at school. Tyler's was today, too, but he's been out of school since Wednesday because he has the flu. At least, I think it's the flu. He has the "right" symptoms, but they're very mild. If this is as bad as the H1N1 virus gets for us, given all the horror stories I've read, I feel pretty lucky. Tyler should now have antibodies built up to fight this off for the rest of the season, too. Hopefully it will be as mild if the rest of us get it.


Anyway, I was relieved I didn't have to run back and forth between the two parties and could focus on Danielle. (Thank you to Uncle Ron for staying with Tyler so I could go.) Danielle chose to be a frog this year. I made her costume, and I think it turned out pretty good. Danielle LOVES it, so I would consider it a success. I was glad she chose to be something unique. Out of 9 girls in her class, 6 of them were princesses or fairies. She had fun at her party and at the very end her loose tooth fell out, making it an even better party!













After Ron got home from his business trip tonight, we carved our pumpkins. The kids' pumpkins were huge. We didn't actually put them on a scale, but I am positive Danielle's pumpkin weighed more than she did! Ron and I carved the little pie pumpkins we got while on the scout outing last weekend.


I like this picture of Danielle because you can really see the gap in her front teeth!










I still think it's funny that Tyler thinks it's gross to touch the guts but Danielle digs right in.

































Tyler's, Ron's, Danielle's, & mine

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

Nice pumpkin carving and the little amphibian looked great! Our boat is decorated with spider webs and their version of Jack o'lanterns and a few ghosts. Not much Halloween celebration in France.